- Work closely with development team to deploy and support web apps for various websites on various platforms.
- Respond to server problems & outages quickly, minimizing downtime.
- Help monitor system health and resolve any potential problems before they become real problems.
- Assist and guide developers with architecture design as related to server systems.
- Be on call and quickly respond to any incidents that arise related to production systems.
Other Important Requisites
- You should be well versed in Linux with some previous experience of automation and Infrastructure as Code.
- Opscode Chef skills are desirable but experience of another config management tool such as Puppet or CFEngine is certainly transferable.
- You should have significant experience with Amazon Web Services (including EC2/VPC, RDS, S3).
- You should have some understanding of/experience with the following: Ruby/Rails, Git, PHP, Apache or Nginx, Bash, DNS, DHCP, MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- You should have some programming/scripting skills in: Bash, Ruby, PHP.
- You must have excellent troubleshooting skills. Be able to isolate causes of problems and resolve them quickly.
- You should feel confident diving head first into technical problems, solving them and explaining them clearly to others.
- In addition you should have excellent communication, structured thinking, requirements gathering, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to communicate well in English (both written and spoken).
- 5+ years of experience managing a production Linux environment.
- Strong working knowledge of AWS.
- 3+ years of scripting and/or application development in Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP.
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts and 2+ years database experience.
- Experience with a configuration management tool (Chef, Puppet, CFEngine, Ansible).
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and major protocols.
- Experience with Git.
Best in the industry
Linux, Server Management, Configuration Management, Ubuntu, CentOS, Apache, MySQL, Unix, LAMP, Chef, Puppet, Git